UTEP Tennis Loses to Milwaukee, 4-3
Feb. 10, 2013
DES MOINES, Iowa – The UTEP Tennis team was edged out by Milwaukee, 4-3, Sunday afternoon at the Roger Knapp Tennis Center.
“Frustrating loss today,” head coach Mark Roberts said. “Milwaukee played good, solid tennis and from an overall team perspective, they outcompeted us. We have to do a much better job of competing harder in all three doubles and all six singles if we want to win these close matches. The windows of opportunity are small against good solid teams and as a team we have to start executing more shots when we need to.”
The Miners travel to Albuquerque, N.M. when they take on Northern Arizona Friday morning (10 a.m. MT). UTEP is also matched against Pacific and New Mexico during the weekend.
1. Maddy Soule (WM) def. Martina Trierweiler (UTEP) 7-6, 6-2
2. Rebeca Calvillo (UTEP) def. Kelly Fritz (WM) 6-1, 6-2
3. Marie Leblond (UTEP) def. Chelsea Bailey (WM) 6-1, 6-7, 10-7
4. Gabi Vazquez (UTEP) def. Dana Shannon (WM) 6-4, 6-2
5. Christina Colarossi (WM) def. Matilda Rose Tench (UTEP) 6-2, 6-3
6. Kristin Kurer (WM) def. Jamie-Leigh Michau (UTEP) 6-0, 6-1
1. Maddy Soule/Christina Colarossi (WM) def. Rebeca Calvillo/Martina Trierweiler (UTEP) 8-3
2. Gabi Vazquez/Marie LeBlond (UTEP) def. Kelly Fritz/Dana Shannon (WM) 8-5
3. Brittany Skemp/Chelsea Bailey (WM) def. Jamie-Leigh Michau/Matilda Rose Tench (UTEP) 8-5