UTEP Tennis Blanked by University of San Francisco
Jan. 27, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO - The Miners completed their West Coast weekend losing to the Dons, 7-0, Sunday morning at Golden Gate Park.
"This weekend was a good learning experience for the team," UTEP head coach Mark Roberts said. "We were too inconsistent during our matches and were giving away too many free points which made it almost impossible to win close games."
Trierwieler played competitively against USF's Andrea Ka, but the senior came up short, 6-3, 5-7, 10-6, at No. 1 singles.
"This weekend was a rough start for us" Roberts said. "Going forward we need to raise our competitiveness if we want to win these types of matches we played this weekend."
The Miners (1-2) will look to improve when they travel to Des Moines, Iowa to take on Drake University on Feb. 8 (5 p.m. MT).
1. Andrea Ka (USF) def. Martina Trierweiler (UTEP) 6-3, 5-7, 10-6
2. Sofia Holmberg (USF) def. Rebeca Calvillo (UTEP) 6-1, 7-5
3. Brooke Irish (USF) def. Marie Leblond (UTEP) 6-3, 6-4
4. Marina Nikolic (USF) def. Gabi Vazquez (UTEP) 7-5, 6-1
5. Yurie Hashiguchi (USF) def. Jamie-Leigh Michau (UTEP) 6-1, 6-1
6. Melinda Akerbrant (USF) def. Matilda Rose Tench (UTEP) 6-4, 6-4
1. Martina Trierweiler/Rebeca Calvillo (UTEP) def. Andrea Ka/Sofia Holmberg (USF) 8-7
2. Yurie Hashiguchi/Milica Hadzi-Tanovic (USF) def. Marie LeBlond/Gabi Vazquez (UTEP) 8-2
3. Brooke Irish/Marina Nikolic (USF) def. Matilda Rose Tench/Jamie-Leigh Michau (UTEP) 8-3
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Inside Athletics
- 1966 National Champions
- Athletic Training
- Core Purpose and Vision Statement
- Director of Athletics
- Donation Request Form
- General News
- Fan Zone
- Donate Now
- Online Store