Sept. 18, 2013
TxDOT construction to widen the lanes on Sun Bowl Drive, originally slated to begin this week, has been postponed until a later date and therefore will not affect parking and traffic flow for Saturday's UTEP-UTSA football game.
The Miners and the Roadrunners will square off at 6 p.m. MT in the Conference USA opener for both teams.
Fans should take the following points into consideration when coming to the game:
- Please consider utilizing Oregon and North El Paso Streets whether going eastbound or westbound to cut down commute times
- Please exercise patience when exiting parking garage on Sun Bowl Drive
- The parking garage on Sun Bowl Drive (PG-1) is sold out for the season and no general parking will be available in the structure on game day
- Free parking is available in the following lots: R5 (formerly the Rudolph lot, off of Mesa Street), S3 & S4 (south of Sun Bowl stadium), and P1, P2, P3 & P4 (on Schuster Avenue)
- RV parking has been relocated this season to the former Rudolph lot, R5. RV patrons are encouraged to access the lot via Mesa Street to Sun Bowl Drive. Entrances to RV lot are located on Sun Bowl Drive. Limited space is available. Call (915) 747-6150 to make reservations or for more information
- ADA parking is located in the R6 lot off of Sun Bowl Drive by the Helen of Troy Softball Complex with shuttle service available
- The south shuttle from the Schuster lots to Sun Bowl Stadium has been reinstated for the remaining four home games. The shuttle is available beginning at 4 p.m. on game day through the end of the first quarter. Service will resume at the end of the third quarter until all patrons have been served
- Sun Metro is offering six Park and Ride locations and direct bus service to all UTEP football home games. Locations are as follows: Mission Valley Transfer Center (9065 Alameda Ave.), Westside Transfer Center (7535 Remcon Circle), Union Plaza Transit Terminal (400 W. San Antonio), Northeast Transit Terminal (9348 Dyer Street), Eastside Transit Terminal (1165 Sunmount Drive) and Edgemere (near R.C. Poe). Free parking is available at all but the Union Plaza Transit Terminal. For complete details visit www.sunmetro.net/football or call (915) 533-3333
- For comprehensive information on UTEP tailgating, parking and much more, please visit www.tailgating.utep.edu