Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
This organization is composed of student-athletes and meets bimonthly in the Larry K. Durham Hall of Champions to discuss impending issues and opportunities.
Functions of the UTEP SAAC:
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes
- Disseminate information
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletic department formulation of policies
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all sports and administration
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation
- Organize community service efforts
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus committees (i.e. Student Government)
- Encourage a positive student-athlete image on campus
- Assist with Life Skills Orientation, PHAT Tuesdays, Workshops and SAAC Brochure.