Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC)
Mission Statement: The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee serves as the ambassadors of the UTEP student-athlete population. They are assembled to provide insight into the student-athlete experience. SAAC meets biweekly throughout the academic year with a representative from each 14 intercollegiate teams. The strategic plan of UTEP SAAC is to ENHANCE the total student-athlete experience by PROMOTING OPPORTUNITY, PROTECTING student-athlete welfare and DEVELOPING leaders in a DIVERSE, yet UNIFIED university.
Function of the UTEP SAAC
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletic department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus
2013-14 SAAC Officers and Team Representatives
Taylor Nix- Football
Marissa Rodriguez- Women's Basketball
Amber Herrera- Women's Golf
Community Service Chair
Tyler Tafoya- Men's Basketball