Follow Pete On Twitter | Like Pete On Facebook
Welcome to Paydirt Pete's Home on the web!
The Paydirt Pete Mascot Team (aka "Team Pete") is a select group of two or more student-volunteers that perform at hundreds of events every year.
The name "Paydirt Pete" was selected in 1974 from over 500 entries in a contest to give a name to the mascot. The first animated Paydirt Pete mascot was a lovable lil' ol' miner nicknamed "Sweet Pete," but he was replaced later by the more rugged Paydirt Pete. Another version of the mascot was introduced in the fall of 1999 when the athletic department introduced a new logo. The current Paydirt Pete made his debut at a men's basketball game during the 2004 season.
Are you looking for a way to add spirit and fun to your parties, business meetings or special events?
If so, UTEP's very own Paydirt Pete is available upon request to add spice to any occasion. If you would like to have an exciting and memorable addition to your event, please complete the electronic form below.
Requests must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to your requested date to ensure participation. No exceptions will be made.
UTEP Athletics has established a non-profit gift account for Team Pete allowing the department to help offset the cost of travel and expenses for our hard-working student volunteers. To support our student performers, the donation amount is as follows:
||First 30 Minutes
||Each Additional 30 Minutes
Payment must be made by credit card or by check IN FULL & must be received a minimum of one week prior to the appearance/event. All checks must be made payable to: Paydirt Pete Gift Fund. If you have any questions about the appearance process, please contact email@example.com
- Fill out the electronic Appearance Request Form. Please be as thorough with event details as possible
- All requests must be approved through the UTEP Athletic Marketing Office and will be confirmed approximately 48-hours after online-submission
- All Payments must be received in full a minimum of one (1) week in advance of the requested event. A verified UTEP representative will contact you to arrange your payment by credit card or you may mail your check for the total amount due (Checks may also be dropped off in person at the UTEP Athletic Department offices located at 201 Glory Rd. on the UTEP campus). IN THE EVENT PAYDIRT PETE IS KEPT OVER THE REQUESTED TIME OR IS ASKED TO STAY LONGER THAN PREVIOUSLY ARRANGED, THE HOST WILL THEN BE BILLED ACCORDING TO THE APPROPRIATE DONATION LEVELS LISTED ABOVE.
- Paydirt Pete appearances will require a changing & storage area away from guests. Mascots will arrive 15 minutes prior to an event to change into costume. If possible, the host may provide water or access to water for Paydirt Pete, but it is not required
- Paydirt Pete outdoor appearances may require the mascot to take a 10 minute break every 30 minutes at the event. The 10 minute break period will not account for your total time requested.
- Please note that there will be no refund for cancellations with less than 24 hours notice for appearances
- If alcohol is being served while Paydirt Pete is at your event, he must be stationed away from where it is being served. Also, if guests of your event become rowdy or inappropriate, Pete is instructed to leave immediately and no refund will be provided
- Team Pete performers will be prepared based on the information provided on the request form. Please be very clear about expectations. Some examples might be welcoming guests, photos with guests, hand out giveaways, etc...