Student Athlete Employment Form
- All student-athletes who are employed during the academic year must complete the Student-Athlete Employment Form. This Form must also be completed by all student-athletes who will be employed in El Paso over the summer. Student-athletes should complete and submit this Form to the Compliance Office.
NCAA Special Assistance Fund
- The NCAA allows a sum of money each year to assist student-athletes with special financial needs. The following student-athletes are eligible to apply for the funds:
- Pell-eligible student-athletes, including student-athletes who have exhausted their athletics eligibility or no longer are able to participate because of medical reasons.
- Student-athletes who are receiving countable aid and who have demonstrated financial need, including student-athletes who have exhausted their athletics eligibility or no longer are able to participate because of medical reasons.
- Student-athletes must complete the Special Assistance Fund Application and submit it to the Senior Associate Athletics Director/SWA for approval.
NCAA Student Athlete Opportunity Fund
- The Student-Athlete Opportunity Fund is intended to provide direct benefits to student-athletes or their families as determined by conference offices. As a guiding principle, the fund shall be used to assist student-athletes in meeting financial needs that arise in conjunction with participation in intercollegiate athletics, enrollment in an academic curriculum or that recognize academic achievement. All student-athletes, including international, are eligible to receive SAOF benefits, regardless of whether they are grant-in-aid recipients, have demonstrated need or have either exhausted eligibility or no longer participate due to medical reasons. Additionally, student-athletes receiving monies from the Special Assistance Fund may also receive SAOF benefits.
- Student-athletes should see the Administrative Assistant for the Associate Athletics Director/SWA in order to apply for these funds. If approved, student-athletes must return with receipts totaling the amount for which they were approved in order to receive their check.
NLI Request Form
- The NLI/Athletic Scholarship Request should be completed and returned to the Compliance Office at least 24 hours prior to the time that the documents are to be sent. Upon receipt of the request, the Compliance Office will prepare the National Letter of Intent and/or Financial Aid Agreement and secure the necessary signatures on these documents.
Medical Non-Counter Form
- If an incapacitating injury or illness occurs prior to a student-athlete's participation in athletically related activities and results in the student-athlete's inability to compete ever again, the student-athlete shall not be counted within the institution's maximum financial aid award limitations provided that the Medical Non-Counter Form is signed and completed, and all contemporaneous medical documentation is submitted to the Compliance Office along with the Form.