BYLAW 14: Eligibility
Squad List Add/Delete Form
- All roster changes must be made via the Squad List Addition/Delete Form. This Form should be completed and submitted to the Compliance Office within one week of a student-athleteâÂÂÂÂ€TMs change of status. All students being added to the roster must complete NCAA paperwork in the Compliance Office before participating in any countable athletically related activities.
Student-Athlete Release Form
- If a student-athlete is interested in transferring to another NCAA or NAIA institution, he/she must first provide that institution with permission to contact from the UTEP Compliance Office. The student-athlete must receive a release from his/her head coach before the Compliance Office will provide another institution with permission to contact. If a student-athlete wishes to transfer, please submit the Student-Athlete Release Form to the Compliance Office.
- At least 24 hours prior to a teamâÂÂÂÂ€TMs departure for a road trip, the coaching staff must submit to the Compliance Office a completed Travel Manifest. The Compliance Office will ensure that all student-athletes traveling are eligible to compete, that departure and return times adhere to NCAA and conference regulations, and that travel and squad size limitations are met.
New Student Athletes
- At the beginning of each semester, all sports must list all individuals who will be new to the roster on the New Student Athlete Form. This Form must be completed and submitted to the Compliance Office for approval.
Try-Out Approval Form
Try-Out Physical Form
- Any sport that will be holding a tryout must contact the Compliance Office before the tryout takes place. All students trying out for the team must be enrolled in 12 credit hours evidenced by a UTEP class schedule for the term in which the tryout occurs, and must present proof of medical insurance and proof of a physical examination received in the last six months. The Tryout Approval Form must be completed by all students trying out for team prior to engaging in any practice-related activities.